- Up early. Went to see Emily play at church.
- Killed some more weeds in the back yard. I’m not proud of it but it had to be done.
- Emily and I rode our bikes downtown to see Buckwheat Zydeco play at the Arts Festival. Love the free bike valet from Bike Pittsburgh.
- Mr. Zydeco’s show was energetic and had people dancing in the park. He made many references to being brought up on the bayou and even lapsed into Creole/French occasionally. Loved his set, but was disappointed not to hear “When the Levee Breaks”. I know it’s a cover but it was the song that first introduced me to his music.
- After consuming greasy fair fries and funnel cake we rode back home. Greenfield Avenue is quite a challenge now that I don’t ride up it every day. One of the few drawbacks of my new job.
12 June 2011 by ssweeny.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.