- Up late.
- Went with Emily and her parents to Construction Junction to drop off some recycling and have a look around. Emily’s father bought some glass plates, I believe to use as windows in a deer hunting shack.
- Toured a couple of open hoses in Squirrel Hill. One was a $400k McMansion in the Rosemont housing plan, the other was a ranch on Fernwald with brand new floors but wallpaper from the 1970s. Quite a contrast.
- Late lunch at the Pittsburgh Burger Company in the Waterfront where I got to try the yak. It was pretty tasty, but it was no ostrich.
- Hopped across the street to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes at Loew’s. This film is much better than the previews suggest. Of course you know how it ends but the buildup is very believable and the little callbacks to the older movies will have you giggling. Also Andy Serkis’ motion-captured performance as Caesar is phenomenal.
- Home to unwind with some episodes of Bones on Netflix (the only thing we could all agree on) then to bed.
14 August 2011 by ssweeny.net is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.