- Up early; one last free breakfast before checking out.
- Returned our rental car and passed through the cutest little security gate at the cutest little airport for our flight back.
- Passed through Phoenix again, mostly without incident. Our layover was quite short, however, and we had to resort to dinner at the airport Burger King, which we actually had to eat on the plane.
- Got to about halfway through A Clash of Kings on the flight, but got a bit tired of reading by the third hour. I switched on my phone (in airplane mode, of course!) and fired up ScummVM and played The Secret of Monkey Island (one of my favorite PC games as a kid, which now and then I think about how crazy it is that I can play it on my phone) for the last 40 minutes or so of the flight.
- We collected our bags and headed home, ready to deal with a messed up sleep schedule for the next few days.
Tag: adorable airport
28 July 2011
- Up early; to the airport! Headed to San Luis Obispo, CA for Ted and Sara’s wedding.
- Breakfast in TGI Friday’s. Pretty decent Western omelette.
- Flight to Phoenix was uneventful. Read through about a quarter of A Clash of Kings.
- Flight from Phoenix to San Luis Obispo was delayed about an hour. Probably because the air conditioning unit melted in the 110°F heat. They said they fixed it. They lied.
- Arrived in beautiful San Luis Obispo. The weather was sunny but not too hot, and the airport was the cutest little thing I ever saw. They have a gate (there is a second one marked, but it doesn’t seem to go anywhere). They also have a cute little metal detector and a cute little rental car desk.
- Acquired a car at the cute little rental car desk and drove into SLO. Stopped at Men’s Wearhouse to pick up my tux then drove an absurdly short distance to the hotel. We checked in and dropped off our bags, then met up with Greg at the free cocktail hour in the lobby. Tried a Firestone DBA, which I’d never heard of before. Pretty good and locally made!
- Later in the evening Ted joined us and we went out to a nearby steak house (after Google Maps lied to us about the existence of a different restaurant). My sirloin was excellent and I thought I was starving but perhaps due to the time difference my stomach would not take more than half.
- Back to the room for some much-needed sleep.